Wednesday, August 13, 2008

You can't spell Inconsistency without a NY

Inconsistency.



Definition: Scoring 12 runs one night, and one the next.

Example: New York Yankees



Hank Steinbrenner waved the proverbial white flag the other night, saying we are looking to '09. I know that if I had over 200 million dollars wrapped up in a team, and I am still within striking distance (granted they need to get hot now), I would say, "You know it's only $200 million, I'll wait 'til next year"



Granted, for the 2nd year in a row, the Yankees have been ravaged by injuries. Alex Rodriguez has spent time on the DL, along with Johnny Damon. Jorge Posada, Hideki Matsui and Phil Hughes are some of those who have spent extensive time on the DL. I am sorry all these guys are hurt, but this is a major league team being paid more then 200 million dollars as a collective unit, so pardon me if I am not going to throw in the towel.



To use one of my favorite quotes from Al Davis. Just win baby! The Bombers may want to start applying that philosophy NOW!

No comments: