Monday, October 27, 2008

Reviewing the Locks

College Games
I picked the Yellow Jackets laying 12 to Virginia. WRONG. If anyone said Virginia would be leading the Coastal Division after they laid an egg to Duke a few weeks back. They are a big fat liar.

I said USC would cover the 16 points they were giving to Arizona. WRONG. I believe the final was like 17-10.

I said the Tennessee Volunteers would cover the plus 6 1/2 they were getting against the Alabama Crimson Tide. WRONG. Alabama won handily.

I said North Carolina would cover the 3 points they were laying against Boston College. RIGHT. I can't believe it, 1 for 4. Carolina crushed Boston College.

Now, for the BIG WRONG. I said Kansas would be okay. They were laying 1 1/2 to Texas Tech. I thought it said they were getting 51 1/2. Honest mistake, that could happen to anyone, misreading a line.

Now for the NFL picks

Take Kansas City. They were getting 13 1/2 against the Jets. RIGHT. Anytime you have a NFL line with double digits, I normally say take the 'dog.

Take Cincinnati. They were getting 9 points at Houston. WRONG. Anytime you have a NFL line where the Bengals are getting ponts, take the other team, unless the Bengals are getting triple digits.

Take Dallas. They were laying 2 1/2 against the Bucs. RIGHT. If you took the over, I'm sorry, because I feel it was probably more then 22.

Take Cleveland. They were getting 7 points against Jacksonville. RIGHT. The Browns won outright.

Indianapolis-Tennessee: They play tonight, jury is still out.

Records so far
College
This Week: 1-4
Total (Since started picking last week): 4-6

NFL
This Week (So Far): 3-1
Total (Since Started picking last week): 7-2

I think the basic message to all this is as follows. Don't listen to me on Saturdays, but Sundays I am okay.

No comments: