Monday, October 22, 2007

ALCS Game 7 Thoughts

Last night's thoughts from Game 7 of the 2007 ALCS.

- First, I was unhappy.

- What a mistake by Joel Skinner to hold Kenny Lofton at 3rd. I understand why Skinner did that, but at the time a major mistake.

- I know Tim McCarver is not everyone's cup of tea. I know he also beat home the point of why Jake Westbrook was staying in the game after Westbrook was giving up hit, after hit, after hit early in the game. But, I think McCarver was right. Why Eric Wedge didn't get the pen up earlier was beyond me. Saying that though, I think Wedge is one of the better non-marquee managers in the game.

- Two people who won't be back in Boston next year: Julio Lugo and Coco Crisp. Lugo, could have turned out to be a real goat calling off Manny on that fly to leftfield, only for Lugo to watch it hit off his glove and harmlessly hit the ground but he wasn't. Crisp is just going to become a casualty of losing his position to someone younger and better. Back to the shortstop position for a moment, imagine life for the Bo Sox, had the Red Sox kept Hanley Ramirez.

- Alright, let's go Colorado.

Alvis out

No comments: