Friday, July 31, 2009

The Trade Deadline

Is today's MLB Trade Deadline real or artificial? Today, is the non-waiver deadline day that deals must be completed. Deals can still be completed before August 31st and make the player eligible to qualify for the postseason. But, with the economic state of today's games, lots of players may be able to slide through waivers and still get traded.

My predictions for today
Roy Halladay will NOT get traded. This is the Blue Jays fault and theirs alone. The price tag is way too high. You could have gotten more for Halladay now then you can in the offseason and I don't see them keeping Halladay when he has already said he is going to declare for free agency.

Orlando Cabrera to the Twins. I have heard too many rumors on this for not to come true. I think anyone on Oakland's team (especially the veterans are available for deal).

The Yankees will acquire a starting pitcher. With an alleged innings limit on Joba Chamberlain, the Yankees must add a starter. I would prefer to see it be Aaron Harang, but his price tag is quite high at 12.5 million for next year.

BREAKING NEWS: As I type this, Jarrod Washburn has been traded to the Detroit Tigers for Luke French and Mauricio Robles.

The Mets should conduct a fire sale to a degree. If anyone wants Gary Sheffield, deal him. Delgado (don't think anyone would want him), deal him. Billy Wagner, deal him. Obviously I don't think you deal David Wright or Johan Santana, but I'd almost listen to offers for ANYONE else.

Be back throughout the day.

No comments: